State meets and meet entries question

Forum used to discuss the USPA National Rules.

Moderator: sdenison

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:39 am
Because I want to take advantage of times I can compete I have 2 questions that might seem odd but I am going to ask anyway.

First how many State meets can you enter? If we are in the states for 3 weeks and Missouri has a State meet one weekend then California has one the next weekend can I enter them both? If you can only enter the meet in whcih you bought the card can you but cards in both states?

Second question. For Worlds could I enter the 198 or 220 raw class on day 2 and the 242 single ply class on day 3? I am trying to get the most bang for my buck(s).
Everyone says love hurts, but that’s not true. Loneliness hurts. Rejection hurts. Losing someone hurts. Envy hurts. Everyone gets these things confused with love; Love is the one thing in this world that does not hurt.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:17 am
grissinger wrote:Because I want to take advantage of times I can compete I have 2 questions that might seem odd but I am going to ask anyway.

First how many State meets can you enter? If we are in the states for 3 weeks and Missouri has a State meet one weekend then California has one the next weekend can I enter them both? If you can only enter the meet in whcih you bought the card can you but cards in both states?

Second question. For Worlds could I enter the 198 or 220 raw class on day 2 and the 242 single ply class on day 3? I am trying to get the most bang for my buck(s).

You can enter any State Championship meet. The only issue is if the State Chairman will allow you to set state records if your from out of state. This is not a USPA National rule. This is a rule set by the State Powerlifting committee chairman for each state. If a particular state wants to allow out of state lifters to set state records they can do that. This is done in Kansas and Missouri because many of the lifters cross state lines to attend meets. In Calif, you must be a state resident to set state records, but any out of state lifter can compete in any local meet in Calif including the State meet, but the State meet is the only meet where a lifter, at least in Calif, is considered a guest lifter. No different than if I went to the British Championships as a US citizen. I could lift but it would be as a guest lifter. So it all depends on the type of meet and the title of the meet as well. You only buy one USPA membership card. Lifting in another state does not obligate you to buy another USPA member card.

You can lift in two different wt classes but you would have to weighin for each day you would be lifting so you could weighin at 220 and lift on Day 2. Then weighin for the next day and lift on Day 3 at 242. I would be exhausted after one day unless maybe you did one day Raw and the other day single ply.
Steve Denison,
http://www.uspa.net

Return to USPA Rules