question about records

Forum used to discuss the USPA National Rules.

Moderator: sdenison

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:43 pm
I had a question about setting records in the various age divisions. The rules state (I think) that the lifter can only set a record in the division entered. Just to clarify, does that mean:
1) if the lifter only enters the open division but their actual age makes them a sub-master/master, are they still only eligible for the open record?
2) if the lifter only enters the sub-master/master division but their lift also surpasses the open record, are they still only eligible for the sub-master/master record?

Thanks,

Jay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:36 am
Hi Jay,

#1. If a lifter enters the open they are eligible for an open record regardless of their age. EX: If they break an open record while entered in the Open division and they're age 45 or 25 then they get the open record.

#2. Yes, you only get the record for the division you are entered in. If a lifter is good enough to break the open record then they need to be entered in that division to break that record so the results show their name in that division. Lifters can enter Open and Master or Open and submaster. This way they have the opportunity to break the record in both divisions.

jphadden wrote:I had a question about setting records in the various age divisions. The rules state (I think) that the lifter can only set a record in the division entered. Just to clarify, does that mean:
1) if the lifter only enters the open division but their actual age makes them a sub-master/master, are they still only eligible for the open record?
2) if the lifter only enters the sub-master/master division but their lift also surpasses the open record, are they still only eligible for the sub-master/master record?

Thanks,

Jay
Steve Denison,
http://www.uspa.net

Return to USPA Rules